This was downtown earlier today...

This is the downtown farmer's market....

This is the Gaylord Opry Mills Hotel...

The GM said it is surreal because you have all these nice table settings at the dining tables... and then water seeping up to the midpoint of each chair leg... I really feel bad for them, along with all the other businesses, because they are going to be out of a LOT of money... Kudos to Opryland Hotel for evacuating everyone before this occurred...

This is between Second Ave and Cumberland River... many of you would know this area because it's within spitting distance of the bars and clubs and such...

The other thing is that we had to wait until close to 8 pm tonight for the Cumberland River to crest at 51.5 ft before things come back down to normal. I just turned on the news and apparently, that hasn't happened yet...
In the meantime, we guiltily continued to enjoy the nice creek, lake, and waterfall that was all heading in to the storm drainage... When we got home tonight, I noticed the creek is pretty much gone, the waterfall is VERY quiet, and I assume the lake has turned in to a pond.... And I feel guilty that it's no longer this:
I just hope our friends in Nashville and the rest of middle Tennessee are okay soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment